Re: [squid-users] regular maintenance

From: Marc Elsen <marc.elsen@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2003 14:50:15 +0100

Jeff Donovan wrote:

> greetings
>
> I have had a transparent Squid + SquidGuard server running great for
> about a month now.
> I have a few questions about regular maintenance.
> At night I run a Cron job that ..../squid -k rotate. this works great
> for my logs so that they do not get to fat. Are there other things I
> should be doing to keep this machine healthy?

  Normally not, if the box, has adequate memory etc. Squid
  can feel happy for months.

  The question may depend on additional requirements which you may
  have.
  I use for instance , mrtg to monitor squid usage and to pre-detect
  abnormal usage syndroms in the long turn.

  This already helped me diagnose buggy browsers or web apps.
  bombarding squid with 'looping requests' for instance.

  M.

--
 'Time is a consequence of Matter thus
 General Relativity is a direct consequence of QM