Re: [squid-users] Ntlm authentication problems

From: <michele.de-martin@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2003 18:22:00 +0100

You should swap "auth_param basic ..." and "auth_param ntlm ..." sections.
You can find some explanation in squid.conf section about auth_param:
---------
# The order that authentication prompts are presented to the
client_agent
# is dependant on the order the scheme first appears in config file.
# IE has a bug (it's not rfc 2617 compliant) in that it will use the
basic
# scheme if basic is the first entry presented, even if more secure
schemes
# are presented. For now use the order in the file below. If other
browsers
# have difficulties (don't recognise the schemes offered even if you
are using
# basic) then either put basic first, or disable the other schemes
(by commenting
# out their program entry).
---------

Hope this can help.