Re: [squid-users] Re: Cache size does not grow

From: Marc Elsen <marc.elsen@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2003 09:12:24 +0100

Leonardo Arena wrote:

> Marc Elsen wrote:
> >>
> >> cache_mem 8 MB
> >> cache_swap_low 90
> >> cache_swap_high 95
> >> maximum_object_size 4096 KB
> >> minimum_object_size 0 KB
> >> maximum_object_size_in_memory 8 KB
> >> cache_dir ufs /usr/local/squid/var/cache 512 16 256 read-only
> >>
> >> Partition usage where cache_dir resides is at 40%. I have enabled debugging for
> >> storage section and I get the following message constantly:
> >>
> >> "storeCreate: no valid swapdirs for this object"
> >>

> > But you have defined the cache_dir as being 'read-only'.
> >
> > Wouldn't the message be normal , then ?
>
> That's not the point I believe. "Read-only" it's a default setting. I haven't
> added anything. I've just changed from 100MB to 512MB the size. I have
> eliminated read-only setting anyway (and reconfigured squid) but cache_dir still
> does not grow in size, and cache.log is still filled by "storeCreate: no valid
> swapdirs for this object". :(

 Excerpt from squid.conf.default :

# cache_dir ufs /imec/comp/squid/var/cache 100 16 256

 Read-only is not a default, I think.

 To make absolutely sure, stop and start squid after the change.

 Only a suggestion, thx.

 M.

--
 'Time is a consequence of Matter thus
 General Relativity is a direct consequence of QM