Re: [squid-users] Authentication on squid

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: 21 Mar 2003 15:38:50 +0100

fre 2003-03-21 klockan 13.51 skrev Balzi Andrea:
> Hi!
>
> can I use PAM e MSNT authentication in the same squid?

Yes.

> I would want to use authentication MSNT for my NT-Domain users and PAM for
> external users.

The only requirement is that you can identify which password source to
use based on the user name.

Then you write a small glue between Squid and the authentication helpers
which select the correct backend depending on the username. Relatively
close examples of such glue can be found in the squid-users archives
(search for open2).

Note: this can only be done for basic authentication, not ntlm or
digest.

--
Henrik Nordstrom <hno@squid-cache.org>
MARA Systems AB, Sweden