Re: [squid-users] remove transparent

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 23 Mar 2003 00:43:08 +0100

It is iptables which are responsible for the redirection. If you have
rebooted after taking out the redirection rule from your rc.local file
then there is some other rc script which installs the iptables
redirection rule.

Try

   grep iptables /etc/rc.d/init.d/*

this should give a hint of which rc scripts uses iptables.

A guess would be that you are running the iptables firewall script
provided by RedHat, and your redirection rule has been saved into the
perstent firewall rules. If this is the case then manually delete the
iptables redirection rule by running iptables -R manually, and then
issue "/etc/rc.d/init.d/iptables save"