Re: [squid-users] cacheDnsSvcTime to high? value = 10142

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 23 Mar 2003 10:34:36 +0100

Stuart Clark wrote:

> Just wondering what cacheDnsSvcTime relates to.
> I thought it meant the average time in milliseconds that squid takes to
> get a DNS request. But the values that I'm getting indicate around 10
> seconds.

Indeed. These SNMP values are supposed to give the median response time
in milliseconds (not average).

Maybe your Squid is constantly trying to resolve some name or domain
which takes a very long time to resolve? See your access.log if there is
a pattern of repeating requests which takes a very long time.