Re: [squid-users] Is it possible ?

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: 24 Mar 2003 20:20:53 +0100

Yes, you can do this with the help of a redirector which when it detects
a "download" link redirects the user to a cgi program returning the
customizable error message and other options, including a link for
downloading.

The download link is based on the original requested URL, but modified
in such manner that the redirector will recognize it as a download link
and rewrite it back to the originally requested URL. This can be done by
for example either modifying the host component, or adding a ; separated
download tag to the end or the URL.

--
Henrik Nordstrom <hno@squid-cache.org>
MARA Systems AB, Sweden