Re: [squid-users] header_access design problem?

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: 26 Mar 2003 12:17:53 +0100

ons 2003-03-26 klockan 09.19 skrev Gerhard Wiesinger:

> > > 1.) header_access works for Request headers well, but Response headers are
> > > cutted to!!!
> >
> > Yes. This is intentional.
> >

> Would you accept a patch or is someone working on different config for
> request and response?

A patch is probably accepted if the new config makes sense. If the patch
is for Squid-3 then the likelihood of acceptance after one or two
reviews is very high.

To my knowledge there is noone working on such change, at least none of
the regular Squid developers are.

Note: Squid-2.5 is in it's STABLE release cycle where no changes to
configuration directives is allowed. But a separate patch can always be
published.

> BTW: Was it the same behaviour as in previous versions? (especially
> 2.4.STABLE x)

I do not know. It is not a feature I normally use or have worked on.

If you (or anyone else) want to join the open development of Squid
please take a look at http://devel.squid-cache.org/. Having a focused
task at hand such as extending the anonymisation feature (i.e.
header_access) helps a lot to get started but there is always many ideas
floating around if you have interest but need help to select suitable
starting tasks.

As a registered Squid developer you have access to

 * Up to date CVS access to the Squid sources, both the current
development version and STABLE versions.

 * Automatic tools to maintain your changes to always keep them current
with the Squid sources, based on CVS.

 * Web space to publish notes

 * Automatic publish of patches with your Squid changes.

 * Access to the squid-dev mailinglist for discussing Squid internals
and other topics which is interesting to the development of Squid.

The only commitment from your side is that find Squid development
interesting, and have an open mind. It obviously helps if you also know
a little of C and/or C++. There is no obligation to actually produce any
improvements to Squid, but life will obviously be more interesting as a
Squid developer if you do.

The Squid project also need other people not directly involved in
development. Current open positions are

  * FAQ maintainer (Linuxdoc SGML)
  * Technical writers for the Squid Users Guide (DocBook)
  * Technical writers for the Squid Programmers Guide (DocBook). For
this task it helps a lot if you also have some interest in Squid
development and can read C / C++ source.
  * Bug database maintainer, to classify and keep track of bug reports
and try to reproduce reported bugs.
  * Alpha testers who can test development versions of Squid in
controlled manners (not production)
  * Beta testers who can test and verify STABLE or PRE versions of
Squid, and also independent verification of bug fixes.
  * And probably many other positions I have not thought of

--
Henrik Nordstrom <hno@squid-cache.org>
MARA Systems AB, Sweden