Re: [squid-users] mrtg and squid.

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: 26 Mar 2003 12:29:32 +0100

Minor note:

For historical reasons cachemgr.cgi reports averages while SNMP reports
median. This may cause a slight difference in the value reported, but
usually the median and average are quite close.

Usually when there is large differences there is a misunderstanding on
the variables. It is not always obvious to map the SNMP variables to
cachemgr.cgi, and some of the SNMP variable names are slightly
confusing.. (several names which are close to each other but mean quite
different things)

If you indicate which values you have problems with we may have greater
success in helping you or explaining why there is a difference.

--
Henrik Nordstrom <hno@squid-cache.org>
MARA Systems AB, Sweden