[squid-users] Best squid layout

From: Eduardo Bejar <wonka@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2003 18:09:32 -0500

Hi,

I was wondering... As there are many, many ways to configure Squid, I would
like to get ideas -from your experience- about which is the best way to
deploy squid in order to help on this task:

Mission: increase browsing speed on dial up users. Not download of files,
just plain http browsing.

Which is the best approach:

1. Configure one squid box and make squid use plenty of disk capacity,
increase object TTL, object cacheable size, and related?
2. Configure two squid boxes, one that works transparent for dial up users,
and the other that serves as parent proxy for the first one?

There are many software products that claim to increase browsing speed on
the client side, but seems the best approach is to install a proxy on each
client so most visited sites load fast, but this is not practical.

Thanks for any ideas,

Edo