RE: [squid-users] problems caching jsp pages

From: Andy Kimbrough <sleeping_dragon_org@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2003 00:37:52 -0800 (PST)

The pages get new content from a database from time to time. We could code generate static html
and server this by apache, but generated files are so messy to work with. The affx extension is a
whole ton of servlets chained together to add look and feel. Its very easy to make changes that
affect the whole site, but its not so fast. All the content and hyperlinking is data driven. The
affx system is data driven and virtual. Its like adding a bunch of stuff in the query string. It
makes it easier for us to put urls in printed material and is easier to maintain because you can
think of the database records as real pages, even if its really only one jsp.

I added this.......

refresh_pattern affx 10 20% 60 ignore-reload override-expire

and it seems to work well. like I said. I'm new to using a web cache. I think it is much better
solution than generating a ton of files 2 or three times a day.

Thanks for all your ideas

Andy

--- "Blaser, Shane" <SBlaser@corp.untd.com> wrote:
> The pages you push ther are just html or are they jsp ???
>
> Can you just create static html plages rather than jsp ??

=====
http://www.animekat.com
I've moved my site!!