Re: [squid-users] NTLM questions (sorry)

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2003 11:20:36 +0100

Gavin Hamill wrote:

> I've also set one of our Windows 2000 servers into Active Directory mode to
> act as a PDC, but have not experienced any joy in even authenticating by
> manually running the ntlm_auth program from the commandline, so I have yet
> to get as far as configuring squid to use it!

You cannot test NTLM authentication helpers from the command line. The
helpers expects base64 encoded NTLM messages as input, not usernames and
passwords like the basic authenticatoin helpers. About the only way to
test NTLM helpers is via Squid.

See http://devel.squid-cache.org/ntlm/ for some description of the
protocols used if you are interested in the inner guts.