[squid-users] Forwarding traffic with Squid

From: Jorge S.F. <jsaiz@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2003 12:26:25 -0600

Dear friends,

using iptables, I redirect all the traffic from a machine to squid port
3128. I would like to work like a proxy http, and forward the rest of the
traffic (i.e. smtp, pop3, telnet, etc) to their respective destination
servers. That is, working as proxy http, and being transparent for the other
kind of traffic at other ports.
I use for this, the "allways_direct allow PORTS" options, with an "acl PORTS
port 23, 25, 110" ...
It seems that the destination servers receive the packets, but the requests
are empty, and the comunication and service can't be stablish. HTTP traffic
works ok.
Have I forget any other consideration? Is it possible to make?

Thanks. Best regards,

Jorge Saiz