RE: [squid-users] Can't download settings from proxy? Notnecessarily a Squid issue, but maybe someone can help.

From: Scott Wrosch <swrosch@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2003 16:24:34 -0500

Hi Rob,

That's the strange thing though. It does seem to work. You can't click
it on and off in the same instance. You have to click it off, click ok,
close the browser down, then re-open it and do the same thing all over
again. I've tested it on several machines so far that I've had this
issue with, and it seems to work.

With that being said, I have multiple machines set up in our call center
that are more or less identical for this issue. Most of them are indeed
not downloading the correct proxy configuration automatically because of
this. I am going to check several of those (as well as other PCs in the
building as I go through the process of making sure everything works),
and will keep you updated.

As far as the login script goes, I could probably do that as well. And
I may do that as well, just to ensure that there's no problems. I have
to sit down and argue with the "boss" about that, since he doesn't like
changing the login script unless absolutely necessary. (If the login
script ain't broke, why fix it? Or, rather, If it's not broke, then why
risk the possibility of breaking it? I can imagine either of those

Anyways, going to go play now and will make a post a little later to see
if I have any further on it.

Thanks!
Scott

KB
> > article I will link to below.)
> >
> > Apparently they got this great idea (and it actually isn't a bad
idea)
> > to go ahead and implement something called the Automatic Proxy
Result