Re: [squid-users] Squid 2.5: tcp_outgoing_tos

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2003 23:02:57 +0100

Because the acl check in tcp_outgoing_* belongs to the "quick" class,
which cannot wait for external lookups such as DNS to complete.

To get around this you can make bogos http_access rules which forces
Squid to look up the required information, for example the following to
force a DNS lookup of the destination IP

  acl nowhere dst 0.0.0.0/32
  http_access deny nowhere

at the top of squid.conf.