Re: [squid-users] Transparent Proxy

From: pauloric <pauloric@dont-contact.us>
Date: 30 Mar 2003 12:01:33 -0300

Em Sex, 2003-03-28 às 19:07, Henrik Nordstrom escreveu:
> pauloric wrote:
>
> > Is it possible to have all reports generated by SARG w/ user ID instead
> > IP address??
>
> Only if you can make a scheme whereby the user ID can be found from the
> IP address.
>
> > I've been reading about external_acl_type. Is it the rigth way?
>
> If you find the solution to the above problem then external_acl_type can
> be used to have the username filled in by Squid.

Sorry Henrik, I didn't say all about the specs. I'm using iptables +
squid ( transparent proxy) + DHCP + SARG. Again it's all running
smoothly.

I've noticed that w/ sarg I can have a list w/ IPADRESS + USERID and all
reports will be generated w/ user ID, but I would like to use another
method preferably taking direct from access.log ( id user instead ip
address)

I know that I can't have Trasparent proxy + authentication right, can I?

Then I'm thinking about using Transparent proxy + external_acl and an
external helper program ip_user_check ( from Rodrigo Campos). I've been
writing a scripts to take UserIP + name from dhcp and it's ok

I included in squid.conf:

external_acl_type ipuser %SRC %LOGIN /usr/lib/squid/ip_user_check -f
/home/admin/squid/ip_user.conf

then I tried to insert an acl like this:

acl ipuser external ip_user_check
http_acess allow ipuser

but it doesn't work. Where's the problem??? I know that must be a silly
error...80)

thsnks

--
Paulo Ricardo Bruck - Consultor