Re: [squid-users] No keep-alives in connections cache<->servers?

From: Pauli Borodulin <boro@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2003 02:04:23 +0300

Pauli Borodulin wrote:
> [...]

> Then I checked with packet sniffer that is Squid even sending those
> "Connection: keep-alive" -headers to servers - but no.

Small update:

I checked with snmpwalk for values cachePeerKeepAlSent and
cachePeerKeepAlRecv in Squid. I found out, that when doing "squid -k
reconfigure", Squid do send 10-15 keep-alive -requests.

After playing with packet sniffer a while, I found out that in fact
Squid is sending a "Proxy-Connection: keep-alive" -header to parent
proxy. Unfortunately, parent proxy is using Inktomi Traffic-server which
doesn't understand "Proxy-Connection"-header.

Is there any caveats modifying code to make Squid send "Connection:
keep-alive" instead? Is this a bug?

Regards,

--
Pauli Borodulin