Re: [squid-users] Problem with RAM usage with squid

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 01 Apr 2003 09:09:07 +0200

You are still not reading my responses or answering my questions I
think.

The free ram SHOULD BE NEARLY NOTHING when your server is operating
correctly. Any large amounts of free ram IS PURE WASTE OF RESOURCES.

The free -/+ buffers/cache figure is what you need to look at, as this
is the column which tells how much free ram your system have actually
have. Looking at the bare "Free Memory" value is useless and tells you
nothing.

My answer is still

Your problem is elsewhere. You say the idle CPU goes to zero. Which
application is using all your CPU? (see top).

And how much memory is reported by free in the "+/- buffers/cache"
row when you have problems?