[squid-users] 2nd recv delay on GET

From: David Rosenbloom <david@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2003 14:24:15 -0500 (Eastern Standard Time)

With the default squid config with Basic auth enabled, I am experiencing
the following:

In my app which sends HTTP requests, a loop processes recv()'s until a 0
or error return. With direct connect and via a socks proxy (dante), this
works fine, but with squid, the 2nd recv (rather, all recvs after the
initial) takes a _long_ time before returning. The data is (eventually)
received complete, but the waits are a problem.

The headers passed in with the call are
        Pragma: no-cache
        Proxy-Connection: Keep-Alive
        Proxy-Authorization: Basic" : [creds]

The HTTPS calls which use CONNECT do not exhibit this problem.

Is there something - header, socket option - on the calling end that can
address this? On the squid config end?

thanks,
- davidr