Re: [squid-users] Squid integration with Trend Micro Web Manager

From: Michael Fuller <fullerms@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2003 14:18:32 +0530

Hello all,

We have integrated Interscan Web Manager with Squid. This is our setup.

Clients --------------> Trend Web manager ------------------> Squid

Trend Web manager is configured to use Squid as the upstream proxy. Since
Trend Webmanager runs on win2k, I had to go in for Two separate machines.
The advantage in this setup is that you don't have to change anything in
squid.

There is an added bonus here. We have implemented LDAP authentication in
squid. When the user logs in, Interscan Webmanager somehow sniffs out the
user name and faithfully puts it in the user policy window. Now you can set
policy and bandwidth quotas based on that user name. The settings follow the
user wherever he logs on from :-)

The downside is that Squid only shows Interscan's IP address on all the
logs, and IP based ACLs do not work. I have raised the issue with Trend
Micro.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Michael Fuller,
Network Administrator - RAILNET,
Signal and Telecommunication Department,
Southern Railway,
Park Town, Chennai - 600 003.
India.
Phone: +91-44-25331962, +91-44-25348123 / 627
E-Mail : fullerms@sr.railnet.gov.in