Re: [squid-users] SQUID source code

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: 02 Apr 2003 11:48:37 +0200

Is your question about CONNECT proxied SSL requests, or accelerated
https:// requests received via https_port?

CONNECT is fundamentally different, as it opens a bidirectional tunnel
to the requested server and simply relays whatever the client or server
says to the other side. The code for this is in ssl.c (tunnel.cc in
Squid-3).

Accelerated https:// requests is handled the same as http requests, with
the slight exception that the underlying connection is SSL encrypted.

--
Free Squid-users support provided by Henrik Nordström <hno@squid-cache.org>
PayPal donations welcome if you consider my Free Squid support helpful.