[squid-users] Ldap and Active directory

From: kevin stuttard <kevinstuttard@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2003 14:35:33 +0200 (CEST)

I have tried to access my Windows 2000 server as
Cecile suggested using squid_ldap_auth -b
ou=AllUsers,dc=mansfield13104,dc=lancsngfl,dc=ac,dc=uk
-u cn pluto:389

but I am still having trouble with it. I do the above
at the command line, then enter a username and
password pair but all I get is ERR. A netstat on the
Linux and the Windows server shows no communication at
port 389 with either of the machines. I have
openldap-2.0.25-1 installed as an rpm on the Linux
machine. Do I have to set up openldap? I think the
squid_ldap_auth line looks o.k. but what next? I have
the AD server I want to connect to as an entry in my
etc/hosts file and can ping it with either name or ip
address. Any ideas please?

=====
Kevin Stuttard
Head Of ICT Support