Re: [squid-users] Squid hangs for 9 seconds before serving a page

From: Awie <awie@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 6 Apr 2003 19:05:25 +0800

Mauro,

For me, 600 clients is quite busy (if it is concurrent).

But Robert made me a bit confuse that Squid has it's own DNS Cache. Doesn't
Squid use the parameter "nameserver" in the file resolv.com?. If no, will
Squid able to act as DNS Cache? Please advise.

Again Mauro, usually I use DNS Cache (from DJBDNS) then the nameserver
pointed to the machine itself. And Squid run very well..... And I think it
is nothing to loose for you to try the such program.

Thx & rgds,

Awie