Re: [squid-users] OWA & Squid HTTP_ACCEL

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 07 Apr 2003 10:24:56 +0200

Tom Bell wrote:

> Howdy All,
> Currently I am running squid 2.4STABLE6 on Debian 3.0

> Basically I am using squid in httpd_accel mode for a exchange 2000 OWA
> server. It currently appears to work quite well, if the client is going
> through a proxy.

> If they turn the proxy off they receive an auth window with three boxes
> username, password and domain. And regardless of the what is entered in
> to this window they receive an "Access is denied" page.

This is "Microsoft Integrated Login" which cannot be proxied due to poor
and incorrect design by Microsoft, and accelerators confuse both the
client and server as neither expect the accelertor to be there, thinking
they have a direct connection and assume they are free to bastardise the
HTTP protocol in any manner they like..

Upgrade to Squid-2.5.STABLE2 which includes a workaround to have
"Microsoft Integrated Login" automatically disabled when the request is
proxied via Squid, or see
http://www.squid-cache.org/Versions/v2/2.5/bugs/ for details.