Re: [squid-users] Composite Access Control Lists

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: 07 Apr 2003 14:15:43 +0200

mån 2003-04-07 klockan 11.38 skrev Kristian Du:
> Hi,
>
> I am a bit confused on how to define composite access rules.
> I have 3 different network subnets,
>
> acl net1 src 192.168.10.0/24
> acl net2 src 192.168.30.0/24
> acl net3 src 192.168.50.0/24
>
> and an acl for authenticated users,
>
> acl user_auth proxy_auth REQUIRED
>
> I would like to say that only authenticated users from the above subnets
> are allowed to access the proxy. Is the following correct?
>
> http_access allow user_auth net1
> http_access allow user_auth net2
> http_access allow user_auth net3
> http_access allow user_auth net4
> http_access allow user_auth net5

Yes, but I would make a larger acl listing all of the networks
instead... using individual acls is only needed if you want to provide
different access to different networks.

acl local_networks src 192.168.10.0/24 192.168.30.0/24 192.168.50.0/24

or alternatively

acl local_networks src "/path/to/file/listing/local/networks.txt"

http_access allow user_auth local_networks

Note: for security reasons I would recommend listing the acls in the
other order to make sure authentication is only requested if the user is
in an allowed network...

http_access allow local_networks user_auth

> From what I have gathered, every http_access rule can be looked at as
> ending with an "OR" statement. Hmmm... cryptic! ;)

http_access allow/deny acl1 AND acl2 AND acl3 AND acl4...
  OR
http_access allow/deny acl5 AND acl6 AND acl7 ....
  OR

With AND/OR in their strict boolean logic meaning, not the ambiguous
English meaning... and stopping on the first http_access line that
matches the request.

Free Squid-users support provided by Henrik Nordström <hno@squid-cache.org>
If you need commercial Squid support or cost effective Squid and