Re: [squid-users] Optimize / Performance / Dimensioning of a proxysquid

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: 07 Apr 2003 18:02:00 +0200

mån 2003-04-07 klockan 17.38 skrev ROUTIER Gilles:
> I do not understand any more Henrik...
> I read in a French document of a University which the parameter cache_mem was
> in relation to the number of GB of Cache.

The memory usage of Squid is in relation to the cache size, but this is
in addition to cache_mem. There is NO relation between cache_mem and the
disk cache size.

See the Squid FAQ. It has a whole chapter devoted to memory usage and
explains this in detail. There you can also find a suitable rule of
thumb for estimating the memory requirements of Squid.

Free Squid-users support provided by Henrik Nordström <hno@squid-cache.org>
If you need commercial Squid support or cost effective Squid and