[squid-users] NTLM + Sun JVM

From: Alex Short <alex@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2003 11:10:00 -0400 (EDT)

Have been very happy with Squid with NTLM authentication with our Win2k/NT
users and are starting to look at XP. One thing i've noticed that is less
apparent in NT/2k is that when you install the Sun JVM, it does not pass
the auth info ala ntlm like IE itself does. So you have a user that surfs
the web without ever needing a login to our proxy, hits a site which
requires a jvm and now prompts them for login info. In 2k/NT, Microsoft
bundled their own jvm and it didn't require a login. Use xp which doesn't
come with the MS JVM or even install Sun's JVM on any box and now you will
need to type in login info. Extremely frustrating when some pages have
5-6 applets on it.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Alex