Re: AW: AW: AW: [squid-users] SQUID NTLM pop up password

From: Igor Luiz Oliveira de Souza <igorluiz@dont-contact.us>
Date: 08 Apr 2003 12:16:07 -0300

Only to let you know, I tested it here using:

> authenticate_cache_garbage_interval 8 hours
> authenticate_ttl 8 hours

and didn't work... pop up password still appear sometimes.

Uh... let me pass more information about may network, maybe could help:
- My linux running Squid is a firewall. The workstations are on the LAN,
and my W2kServer is on DMZ.
The workstations are configured with LMHOSTS to solve the problem of
netbios broadcast traffic. But the address configured on LMHOSTS is an
address of the LAN, and my Linux is making REDIRECT (by iptables).
Anyway,the authentication occurs, like you know, the users can use
internet by proxy normal, but sometimes: that it is -> POP UP PASSWORD.
:-((((
Do you think this structure can increase my frequence of popup's?

Igor.