RE: [squid-users] How can I tore or push object ( gif, jpge ) to squid ?

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: 10 Apr 2003 10:51:41 +0200

ons 2003-04-09 klockan 19.51 skrev Jigar Rasalawala:
> Hi, Henrik
>
> Thanks for yr reply. How about PUT or POST method ?
>
> If I try to PUT or POST object, does squid cache the
> object pushed by PUT or POST ?

No, and it must not.

In case of POST the POST is just submission of some data to some program
on the web server. What the web server does with this data is up to the
server.

In case of PUT the object has not yet been given an identity by the
origin server, so there is no way Squid can tell if the uploaded object
is what will be published on the URL afterwards, or the meta information
returned in the HTTP headers.

If you want to inject objects in a Squid cache you must do so via a
configured cache peer (which may be a web server if you like..).

Free Squid-users support provided by Henrik Nordström <hno@squid-cache.org>
If you need commercial Squid support or cost effective Squid and