Re: [squid-users] Forwarding loop detected

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: 10 Apr 2003 16:09:39 +0200

tor 2003-04-10 klockan 03.04 skrev Ken Morris:

> "WARNING: Forwarding loop detected" messages with each attempt to load a
> website. Are the two things "Access Denied" and "WARNING: Forwarding loop
> detected" messages related?

Yes.

If Squid detects a forwarding loop then the request will be denied to
break the loop. If it did not then the loop will continue forever until
all resources is used up on the servers involved.

> From reading the FAQ and searching the archives "WARNING: Forwarding loop
> detected" messages seem to come in multiple cache server configurations while
> I only have one. What else can I try to get rid of these message and get my
> squid setup working?

Are you doing interception caching? If so, you must make sure that the
HTTP requests initiated by Squid is not reflected back on himself by the
interception,,

Free Squid-users support provided by Henrik Nordström <hno@squid-cache.org>
If you need commercial Squid support or cost effective Squid and