Re: [squid-users] ldap problem

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: 10 Apr 2003 16:22:19 +0200

tor 2003-04-10 klockan 10.55 skrev muhammed soyer:
> Hello,
> I was using openldap for authenticating users .I was using openldap 2.07
> and there were no problems .For security reasons I decided to udata ldap ,
> and installed openldap 2.1.16 ..Now I have problems with some of my users .
>
> Problems occurs when userPassword field contains encryptions like
>
> {crypt}$1$MQCuIm1t$08T8spxDcVkwUdCczdcIh/

This is not a crypt() password hash... This is a permutated MD5 password
hash in UNIX passwd/shadow encoding (also sometimes known as
crypt-md5)..

Who entered this into your LDAP tree as being a crypt password hash?

I do not know if it is possible to transform this into the one of the
MD5 password hash format used by OpenLDAP and others.. maybe it is.

> I have no problem with these kind of passwords
>
> {crypt}JN4oRvMqnm2wh

This is a crypt password.

Minor note: It is your LDAP Server which uses the userPassword field,
not squid_ldap_auth. The field needs to be formatted in a manner
understood by your LDAP server for login purposes.

--
Henrik Nordstrom <hno@squid-cache.org>
MARA Systems AB, Sweden