Re: [squid-users] Two Instances of Squid?

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: 10 Apr 2003 18:03:34 +0200

tor 2003-04-10 klockan 16.57 skrev George.Cepreaga@interbrands.ro:
> Hi
> I have a big problem, big for me and maybe simple for others, I have to run
> two instances of squid on the same computer to cache the traffic for two
> groups of users.
> To be more specific:
> - I have two groups of users: class X and class Y
> - I have two ISP: WWW1 and WWW2
> - class X must use WWW1 and class Y must use WWW2
> - I am using RH8.

If you want the two to share cache then I would suggest using one
instance of Squid-2.5 and tcp_outgoing_address to select which isp to
use depending on the source of the request...

> How can I do it?

The absolutely easiest way to install two instances of Squid (if you do
not want to go for a single instance of Squid-2.5) is to install Squid
twice with different prefixes, and set up one cache per instance.

The two instances need to run either on different ports or on different
IP addresses. See the http_port and icp_port directives.

> Do I need two different caches, two different logs paths?

Yes.

Free Squid-users support provided by Henrik Nordström <hno@squid-cache.org>
If you need commercial Squid support or cost effective Squid and