[squid-users] Transparent Proxying with SquidNT

From: Gary Price \(ICT\) <gprice@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2003 10:14:33 +1000

Hi
I have been trying to use RRAS to set up transparent proxying on Win2K with squidNT2.5. I would like to use the NAT facility of RRAS
to translate any incoming destination address to an address on the proxy machine, so that squid can process it. So far, I have not
been able to do this. It appears from the documentation that with RRAS NAT it is possible to do either/both

1. Map a range of "client" IP addresses to one or a few "public" addresses. This should be suitable, except that it is not clear how
to apply this transformation only to a specific port (80 say).

2. Translate requests from a "public" network directed at a specific IP address and port to another "internal" IP address and port.
This is meant to allow external access to internal services (like a proxy?). This seems not to be suitable because it requires a
specific list of IP addresses - there seems to be no way to specify that every incoming port 80 request, no matter to what origin
server, be translated to a single loacl IP address.

Has anyone been able to use RRAS to do transparent proxying on Windows?

Thanks
Gary Price
ICT