Re: [squid-users] squid taking too long for fetches

From: Robert Collins <robertc@dont-contact.us>
Date: 11 Apr 2003 18:15:37 +1000

On Fri, 2003-04-11 at 08:43, Kesava Neeli wrote:
> Here is an entry from access.log in squid.. It says it too 974.23 sec to
> fetch this wav file. There could be many reasons for this delay. But my
> configuration file doesn't have any special timeout. connect_timeout is set
> to default value 2 min.

Did it take that long? How long does it take without squid?

> What timeout value is coming into picture here?? It got connected soon but
> the reading of data took very long? Any parameter in squid.conf which
> controls this?

There's a lot of tuning that *can* be done to squid. When one user is
simply testing, squid should deliver wire speed results.

There are various tuning guides for squid, I suggest you grab one and
follow it through.

Rob

--
GPG key available at: <http://users.bigpond.net.au/robertc/keys.txt>.