[squid-users] Proxie Authentication Required

From: Marcelo Pereira da Silva <marcelo@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2003 08:27:44 -0300

Hi there,

I have been using Squid as a cache and authenticate method on my network.

I have noticed some users couldn't get into some pages, and I thougt I was dropping the request for https sites, but it
is not true (I have tested it). The users usually get in troubles to access sobre random pages, without a logical reason.

I changed squid.conf and add the line

http_access allow all, just to make a test, but the users continue don't getting access.

For instance, the url http://www.cef.org.br is ok (the users can access), BUT there is a form, when they write the
information (for instance field1:1719 and field2:554 are real data) and hit enter, the browser show a message, saying
"the requested page couldn't be retrieved"...... if I disable squid, the users can access normally this page. (and it is
just a example)

Every first time the user open a browse a popup is showed and the user can authenticate himself (this parte is working
well), the problem is with some random pages.

For this denied pages, the access.log say the following:

1049977613.588 4 192.168.1.223 TCP_DENIED/407 1353 GET http://www.cef.gov.br/ - NONE/- -

I know 407 is ` ` Proxie Authenticate Required'', but if the user have just authenticate, why is squid asking for
authentication again???

Regards,

Marcelo Pereira
Brazil