[squid-users] force periodic authentication in squid 2.5

From: Sean Shannon <sean@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2003 13:37:54 -0400

Hi,
This seems like a very basic configuration issue, but I have been unable to
find an answer
within the FAQ or numerous google searches.
I would like to configure squid to re-authenticate (deny a request to force
the browser to
ask for ID and password), if 15 minutes have passed since their last
request.
(IOW: someone logged in, used the Internet, and walked away without shutting
down
the browser)

I've looked at the various time-to-live settings in squid.conf but I think
things have changed
between versions. No documentation on 2.5 yet?

Otherwise it works fine. I have it set as proxy only (chache_dir null /tmp).
Here is the relevant squid.conf settings:

acl password proxy_auth REQUIRED
http_access allow password
http_access deny all

auth_param basic program /usr/local/squid/libexec/ncsa_auth
/fake/proxy.pswd
auth_param basic children 5
auth_param basic credentialsttl 15 minutes
authenticate_cache_garbage_interval 5 minutes
authenticate_ttl 15 minutes

I open up browser, attempt to access internet site, log in when prompted for
proxy passwd,
then wait over 30 minutes. When I try to request another internet site, it
allows the request
without prompting for passwd.

squid version 2.5 STABLE1
redhat 7.0 linux server, kernel 2.2.16-22
browser: I.E. 6.0.26

Any Ideas?
Thanks,
Sean S.