Re: [squid-users] squid as accelerator

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: 16 Apr 2003 16:41:52 +0200

Are you sure you want "httpd_acce_host virtual"?

Note: This has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with support for virtual
domains.

Besides that, check your http_access rules. You probably have not given
access to go anywhere.. In an accelerator you should have something like

acl myservers dst 127.0.0.1
acl port81 port 81
http_access allow myservers port81

Also, for technical reasons I would recommend running both on port 80.
Just tell Apache to bind to 127.0.0.1:80 and Squid to 172.16.173.200:80.
Also make sure the ServerName of your Apache is the official name (or IP
if there is no name), not 127.0.0.1..