Re: [squid-users] Squid reverse and SSL

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: 16 Apr 2003 16:56:42 +0200

Squid-2.5 can accelt https requests. See the https_port directive.

However, it will fetch the requested URLs using http, not https. To be
able to make Squid fetch https:// in proxy mode (not tunnel mode as in
normal "forward" proxying of SSL) you need to patch your Squid with an
SSL update, and use a redirector to adjust the relevant URLs back into
https://... ("http_accel_port virtual" sometimes makes this easier).

Note: All the required functionality will be in Squid-3, but Squid-3 is
currently under active development and not exacly suitable for
production use.. (but you are very welcome to try using Squid-3 in a lab
environment).

--
Free Squid-users support provided by Henrik Nordström <hno@squid-cache.org>
If you need commercial Squid support or cost effective Squid and