[squid-users] POST/PUT request sometimes fail - still present in 2.5STABLE2

From: Alex Tsalolikhin <eesti@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2003 09:51:04 -0700

Hi,

http://www.squid-cache.org/Versions/v2/2.5/bugs/#squid-2.5.STABLE1-indempotent
reads:

    POST/PUT request sometimes fail with "Broken Pipe" or "Connection
    reset by peer" errors

    synopsis Due to an oversight in the implementation of server side
    persistent connections in Squid-2.5.STABLE1 and earlier POST or PUT
    requests may fail if sent just as an existing persistent connection is
    timed out by the origin server.

I seem to see this on STABLE2: had users report "connection reset by peer"
errors, and from access log I can see POST queries with HTTP status 500.

I've just set server_persistent_connections to off, but wanted to
mention this, as the synopsis says STABLE1 and earlier, but looks like
I'm seeing it in STABLE2.

Yours truly,
-at