[squid-users] cache manager question

From: Pat Lendon <plendon@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2003 16:18:29 -0400

Hello everyone,

I'm getting confused.

Using squid-2.5.STABLE2 with Redhat Linux. We've got a parent proxy on
our network, another parent proxy for testing, and then 20 linux systems
with Squids using cache_peer to go thru parent proxy and then off to
Internet.

I've sucessfully setup the cache manager on main squid parent proxy
system (using Apache for web server).
Now, I'm trying to get cache manager to work for remote proxies. What
do I need to do to get cache manager working for remote proxies? The
20 remote systems each have Squid and Apache installed and working. I
added directives to remote system Apache httpd.conf so that I could
access cachemgr.cgi, but page is not displayed. So, am I correct in
configuring Apaches on remote systems for accessing cachemgr.cgi?
Being that the remote proxies go thru main proxy, does this change how
to setup to view cachemgr.cgi?

I'm thinking the problem might be with Apache.

For squid proxy error, access.log has:
xx.xx.xx.xx - - [16/Apr/2003:15:27:35 -0400] "GET
http://colinux.microcenter.com/squid/cgi-bin/cachemgr.cgi HTTP/1.1" 404
549 TCP_MISS:DEFAULT_PARENT
For apache proxy error, access_log has:
[Wed Apr 16 15:27:35 2003] [error] [client 10.10.1.100] File does not
exist: /web/htdocs/squid/cgi-bin/cachemgr.cgi

The remote proxy cachemgr.cgi exists in
/usr/local/squid/cgi-bin/cachemgr.cgi
The apache specifies that /usr/local/squid/cgi-bin is the directory to
find cachemgr.cgi
The apache log says it can not find this file in /web/htdocs/squid/cgi-bin.

Thank you,

Pat