Re: [squid-users] Re: FATAL ERROR - No space left on device from storeDiskdInit

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2003 15:03:46 +0200

On Thursday 17 April 2003 02.50, Thod Nguyen wrote:

> Message queue configuration:
> #define MSGMNI 16 /* <= IPCMNI */ /* max # of
> msg queue identifiers */
> #define MSGMAX 8192 /* <= INT_MAX */ /* max size
> of message (bytes) */
> #define MSGMNB 16384 /* <= INT_MAX */ /* default
> max size of a message queue
> */
>
> It works fine with 6 cache_dirs, as I increase it to 8
> cache_dirs, I got this error message storeDiskdInit:
> msgget: (28) No space left on device
> FATAL: msgget failed

From the FAQ on diskd requirements:

   We'll have two queues for each cache_dir -- one in each
  direction. So, MSGMNI needs to be at least two times the
  number of cache_dir's.

You have set MSGMNI to 16 with is just enought for 8 cache directories
iff there is nothing else using message queues in your system.

I would guess there is something else besides Squid also using one or
two message queues in your system.. The Squid requirements on message
queues and shared memory is in addition to any other software you may
be running.