Re: [squid-users] livestream

From: <adam-s@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2003 19:51:36 -0700

On Wed, 16 Apr 2003 09:36:04 +0200, you wrote:
>Small question, how can i best block my users from using livestream (radio
>etc...) on my squid ?

Well there are lots of ways to *block* particular sites (see the
section on acl's in your conf file and the FAQ) but that can get
tedious so what we are doing is using delay_pools to control the total
bandwidth that any one person can use. Most users are in the regular
M-F restricted bandwidth pool but some admins are in a vip pool that
is twice the restricted speed. See the FAQ for good explanations:
http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/FAQ/FAQ-19.html#ss19.8

The only confusion I had was getting the acl's write and regarding
delay_parameters to understand that restore is the "speed" while
"maximum" is the size that kicks off the throttling (at least that is
what I concluded after reading and rereading that bit.

cheers,

Adam