Re: AW: AW: AW: [squid-users] Accelerator Mode with two different por ts

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: 22 Apr 2003 13:52:17 +0200

Then you will need

1. Two http_port directives in squid.conf to make Squid accept requests
on two different ports, same ports as for your real web servers.

2. "httpd_accel_port virtual", to make Squid remember which port it
accepted the request on.

3. "httpd_accel_host www.example.com" (www.example.com should be the
official web site name).

4. Enter www.example.com with the IP address of the real web server into
/etc/hosts of your Squid server, or use a split DNS providing different
information to your Squid than to the rest of the world.

5. Configure your web server with www.example.com as webserver name.
This is ServerName in Apache, other web servers have different
configuration, some decide automatically based on the request.

1-4 will make Squid accept the request as if they were for the real web
servers.

5 will make the web servers respond with correct links.

--
Henrik Nordstrom <hno@squid-cache.org>
MARA Systems AB, Sweden