Re: [squid-users] re: External DNS doesn't work

From: Pete Davis <peted@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2003 12:02:49 -0500

I just set up the udp_outgoing_address to the external interface IP addy
and it is working. Thanks for the help.

tis 2003-04-22 klockan 16.04 skrev Pete Davis:
> I found the answer after sniffing the traffic. Squid was using the
> internal interface to make DNS request. Even though I told it to
use
> DNS servers found on the outside interface, it still made the
request
> with source IP from the internal interface (10.1.1.15).

> It seems strange that Squid would use the internal interface even
> though the IP address of one of the DNS servers was on the same
subnet
> as the external interface. When not using Squid, the box using the
> normal routing table to make it's decisions. Is there a
configuration I
> missed?

Have you set udp_incoming/outgoing_address in squid.conf?

If you have then Squid will obey these when making DNS queries..

Henrik Nordstrom <hno@squid-cache.org>
MARA Systems AB, Sweden