Re: [squid-users] how to calculate Requests per Seconds in Squid

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: 22 Apr 2003 21:56:15 +0200

tis 2003-04-22 klockan 18.38 skrev Thod Nguyen:
> Is there an easy way to determine Squid's throughput
> (requests per second)? What happened if we exceed the
> maximum throughput, does Squid begin to reject
> requests?

The current request load is easily read using SNMP or cachemgr.

To get a picture of what load your server can handle I'd recommend the
polygraph benchmark tool. To run this tool you need to have two decent
desktop class computers available where you can reinstall the OS..
(polygraph runs best under a custom version of FreeBSD)

Free Squid-users support provided by Henrik Nordström <hno@squid-cache.org>
If you need commercial Squid support or cost effective Squid and