[squid-users] acls for 2 cachemgr users groups: info for localnets and info for no-password single user

From: <adam-s@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2003 21:10:30 -0700

Hi again,

Sorry for the double posting. Somehow my previous email got tucked
under another thread. I promise to read any answer, no matter which
place you post it. :)

Wanting to use RRD to graph squid stats, I just installed Duane
Wessels' squid-rrd. It looks great so far but if squid-rrd is
deprecated, out of date, or there is something better you can
recommend that works with RRD [I already know there are a lot, just
curious about *personal* recommendations], I'd appreciate any tips or
recommendations. I think I need to tweak some of the graph
units/scale. I also like squid-rrd because it graphs what the staff
are seeing in the equally wonderful cachemgr.cgi script. Duane has a
comment that he'd like to use snmpget but currently a number of
interesting stats are not available via Squid's SNMP mib. Again
if that has changed, please let me know.

My question is about acl's more than squid-rrd or cachemgr.cgi. What
I want is for everyone to access the cachemgr.cgi script via a
password at the "info" level except users (actually programs) from
"myserver" which should access cachemgr.cgi without a password. I
got it to work (see below) but I had to set the password protected
manager to a different level and then manually disable the dangerous
stuff. Is this the right way to go? Seems to work ok but I just
wanted to run it by the list. (In case it matters:
Squid 2.5STABLE2, Sun Ultra 60, Solaris 8.)

thanks,

Adam

acl manager proto cache_object
acl rrdprog proto cache_object
acl myserver src 192.168.3.45/255.255.255.255
http_access allow manager
http_access allow rrdprog myserver
http_access deny to_localhost
cachemgr_passwd disable shutdown offline_toggle config
cachemgr_passwd none info myserver
cachemgr_passwd apassword all <==== would prefer to be
                             able to also use info
         here instead of "all" w/ the disable line above