Re: [squid-users] Squid & FTP Cache

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2003 21:17:41 +0200

On Wednesday 23 April 2003 17.00, ROUTIER Gilles wrote:
> Thanks Henrik,
>
> In the idea we hoped to be able to use squid for control by
> authentification sendings ftp.
> This is why I asked whether it were possible to configure customers
> ftp (like CuteFTP for example) with Proxy Squid.

CuteFTP PRO appears to support the use of HTTP proxies according to a
quick Google on the issue.

The thing is, to use a program with Squid the program needs to support
the use of HTTP proxies. If the program does not support the use of
HTTP proxies then it cannot be used with Squid.

Most FTP clients do not support the use of HTTP proxies but expects a
FTP or SOCKS proxy, neither of which normally caches content..