RE: [squid-users] deny downloads

From: Tony Melia (DMS) <Tony.Melia@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2003 12:22:09 +1000

Try it as
http_access deny Downloads
Instead of
http_access deny Downloads !POST

Regards,
TM

-----Original Message-----
From: Rajesh [mailto:rajesh@sl.nsw.gov.au]
Sent: Thursday, 24 April 2003 12:04
To: squid-users@squid-cache.org
Subject: [squid-users] deny downloads

Hi all,

I am running Squid-2.5Stable1 on solaris 8. I want to block users
downloading
any gzip or zip files using their browser. I have the following in my
squid.conf
file:

acl Downloads urlpath_regex \.gz$ \.GZ$ \.zip$ \.ZIP$ \.arj$ \.ARJ$ \ .lha$
\.LHA$ \.tgz$ \.TGZ$ \.gzip$ \.GZIP$ \.exe$ \.EXE$

http_access deny Downloads !POST

But it still allows me to download. Below is the output in my access_log
file
when I tried to download a gzip file:

[24/Apr/2003:12:02:47 +1000] "GET
http://www1.au.squid-cache.org/Versions/v2/2.5/squid-2.5.STABLE1.tar.gz
HTTP/1.0" 200 458511 TCP_MISS:DEFAULT_PARENT

Any help would be really appreciated.

Thanks,
Rajesh.

Unix System Administrator
State Library of NSW
Macquarie Street
Sydney - 2000

Email: rajesh@sl.nsw.gov.au
Ph: 02-92731711

====================================
This email and any attachments to it are privileged and confidential.
If you
are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender and delete
it. The
contents of this email are not given or endorsed by the State Library
of New
South Wales unless otherwise indicated by an authorised officer of
the
Library. Copyright law may also apply to this contents of this email.
====================================

Downs MicroSystems Pty Ltd
145 Margaret Street
Toowoomba Qld 4350
Ph. (07) 4639 3344 Fax (07) 4639 3820

Important Disclaimer and Warning

Downs MicroSystems does not represent or warrant that any attached files are
free from computer viruses or other defects. The attached files are
provided, and may only be used, on the basis that the user assumes all
responsibility for any loss, damage or consequences resulting directly or
indirectly from use of the attached files. The liability of Downs
MicroSystems in any event is limited to either the resupply of the attached
files or the cost of having the attached files resupplied.

NOTE: The views expressed by the individual in this message do not
necessarily reflect those of the organisation.

Downs MicroSystems is committed to protecting the privacy of individuals,
and is bound by the principles of the Commonwealth Privacy Act (1988).
Should you wish to view our Privacy Policy, please visit
www.downsmicro.com.au.

The information contained in this message is confidential and may be legally
privileged. The message is intended solely for the addressee(s). If you are
not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use,
dissemination, or reproduction is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.
If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by return