Re: [squid-users] Simple failover ?

From: Razvan Cosma <razvan.cosma@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2003 18:23:38 +0300

Hmm, I think this section of the FAQ has the answer..

12.13 What is ``Failure Ratio@1.01; Going into hit-only-mode for 5 minutes''?

Consider a pair of caches named A and B. It may be the case that A can reach
B, and vice-versa, but B has poor reachability to the rest of the Internet.
In this case, we would like B to recognize that it has poor reachability and
somehow convey this fact to its neighbor caches. Squid will track the
ratio of failed-to-successful requests over short time periods. A failed
request is one which is logged as ERR_DNS_FAIL, ERR_CONNECT_FAIL, or
ERR_READ_ERROR. When the failed-to-successful ratio exceeds 1.0, then Squid
will return ICP_MISS_NOFETCH instead of ICP_MISS to neighbors. Note, Squid
will still return ICP_HIT for cache hits.

Has anyone tested if this mechanism works OK?