[squid-users] parent selection via external_acl

From: Christoph Haas <email@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2003 10:17:17 +0200

Hi, Squid lovers... :)

I'm already using an external_acl for LDAP group authorisation. Based on
the LDAP group I would like to chose the parent proxy for this user. Is
this already possible? Where may I use the external_acls anyway? I
remember that in former versions there were hardly any situations (like
http_preply_access and others) where I external_acls could be used.

Background:
I have a proxy chain of three proxys on the same host (Squid +
URL filter + anti virus). The proxy chains looks like:
squid -> url filter -> anti virus
For a small number of people I want to skip the url filter and so chose
the anti virus proxy directly.

The URL filtering proxy is ICAP enabled. Is Squid yet ready for using
ICAP in a production environment? That may be the way to get a tigther
integration of Squid and the url filtering proxy which uses the ACLs.

 Christoph

--
~
~